Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Trinkets and Treasures



After a whirlwind trip back East and a Thanksgiving filled with laughter and tears I made it back home feeling a bit exhausted but very grateful. Death will do that to you. It makes you cherish the small things, like the soft, sweet breath of a sleeping child. Or the sound of a full house on Thanksgiving day. Death reminds you to cherish the tiny little moments and to be more present in life, something I have to constantly work on. Thank you to everyone who sent their well-wishes and prayers. I am grateful for the support.

Last weekend I spent the day with a friend of mine scouring the aisles of an enormous flea market. I was on a mission to find some Christmas items and more bling, and of course, anything else that I simply had to have! Mission accomplished!





Unfortunately, these photos didn't capture the beautiful color or patina of the tinsel but trust me it's gorgeous. I found gold, silver, blue and pink in both the tinsel and garland, all of which will make it into a special project I have in mind. I'll post that later.



I scored a fairly large box of coral bits for only $20! I'm thinking beach collages, soldered bottles, apothecary jars filled with memories of summer....Oh lord, is it summer yet?! I also filled one of my grandmother's silver dishes with the coral and have it sitting on a side table in my living room. I think of her every time I see it.



I found a whole bunch of lace, perfect for all sorts of embellishing, and brass tags that I use for packaging my coasters. I bought an assortment of pocket watches that will debut next week after I toss a little whimsy on 'em!

Although not pictured (sorry I ran out of steam and good light) I found the most amazing pink cabinet to use for display when I do the SF Gift Show in February. It's glass fronted with 3 shelves and when I get through with it will be perfect for displaying my bottles. I'll post photos of that later too!

Again, I thank everyone for their heartfelt love and support during this difficult time. I appreciate it more than words can say. I wish you all peace, abundance, and TONS of joy and laughter during this holiday season. XXOXOO

3 comments:

KeKe said...

I love your blog! It's full of ideas and inspiration~Thanks for sharing!!

Xo Kelly

That Girl Ang said...

Continue to Cherish each moment...

Kasey said...

hello long lost friend!
welcome home.