Saturday, August 23, 2008

New Treasures

As anyone pursuing a creative path knows, there are many twists and turns in the journey. With nothing more than a gut hunch and a heap of faith as our guide, the heart pulls us in directions unknown, unfamiliar, and often unexpected. There are times along the way when not knowing is scary, when not knowing makes us yearn for the safety of specifics and guarantees. At those times we want to know what the end results look like BEFORE we leap. We want assurances that our choices are right. But the creative process doesn't always work that way. It requires faith in the unknown and, most importantly, faith in ourselves. It demands a willingness to let go of our expectations of how things "should" be and to trust in what lies ahead, despite our inability to see around the very next corner.

And why all this talk of faith and crazy twists and turns? Because my heart has been tugging and nudging, again, or for a while, and it's time I share with all of you the "what" of my creative pull. I'm not one for grand entrances, bright lights, or massive billboards. By nature I prefer quiet introductions, soft lights, and background stuff. However, what I've been doing over the last few months IS visual and does require an unveiling of sorts. Plus, I'm excited. Pure and simple. My "stuff", my leap of faith, roll up my sleeves, get in the studio and create stuff is also my business. The end result of all this heart tugging is my very own vintage-inspired gift line. So, it is with great pride that I offer to you a sampling of Mixing Whimsy's gift line. I hope you enjoy my creations as much as I have enjoyed making them. There are a few more pieces of the "collection" still in the works but this is a good representation to start. And let's be honest, if I waited until everything was finished before I officially launched the line, I'd be in a perpetual state of waiting. At some point, I just have to take the leap! I invite you to drop by the store and take a peak at Tinsel and Treasures to see what little gems await. Enjoy!

Embellished vintage glass bottles

Jewel encrusted starfish

Matchbox covered in vintage sheet music and buttons

Clothespin magnets covered in nautical charts and shells

Coasters covered in nautical charts

7 comments:

Kasey said...

Molly,
these look great!
I think you will do great with these lines.
k-

Leah C said...

What lovely treasures! You've been a very busy gal:) Congrats on taking that "leap of faith"!

As Seen Thru My Eyes said...

I so enjoyed reading your blog and I do so relate to your "leaf of faith" comments. I love your creations and the joyful inspiration that they contain.

Andrea said...

Hi Molly! I am so happy to meet you! Your blog is very lovely and I will also be adding you to my fav's ~ I love all your pretty things,especialy the vintage decorated bottles~

Anonymous said...

I loved reading about your adventure in creating. I know exactly what you mean....you feel like it is never "quite" finished, or good enough. You are off to a wonderful start. I know how much courage it takes to get started on your own line of anything. Isn't blogging a great soft spot to bounce ideas off? I am giving you a big thumbs up!! Good luck and keep creating.
Karen Eileen

That Girl Ang said...

OK - you see... this is why I love your blog.. and to prove it.. I wrote about you here!

http://tomboyaroundtown.blogspot.com/2008/09/i-love-your-blog.html

I hope you enjoy....

That Girl Ang said...

OK - that didn't work.. but please pop on over when you get a chance.. I paid you homage.. LOL